In the financial market, data processing is essential and that this is processed accurately and quickly is becoming increasingly important.
In trading companies, speed is particularly important, and specialized systems are required for processing the data.
These machines are therefore also called High Frequency Trading servers that run on Super Frequencies in combination with Low Latancy.
High Frequency Trading (HFT)
A trading platform that uses powerful computers
High Frequency Trading (HFT) is a trading platform that uses powerful computers to handle a large number of orders in fractions of a second. It uses complex algorithms to analyze multiple markets and execute orders based on market conditions. In general, traders with the fastest execution speeds are more profitable than traders with lower execution speeds.
ServerDirect provides these HFT servers with the latest Intel Scalable Processors in collaboration with Supermicro completely customized and is specifically configured to meet the requirements of HFT. In doing so, ServerDirect discusses with the customer which parts are important for the software used, since each client uses his own algorithms and software.
World record performance
Compute speed and memory bandwidth
For example Supermicro delivers world record performance with its compute speed and memory bandwidth capabilities, while offering enterprise-class reliability for mission-critical applications. Based on motherboards from the X11DPU-XLL series, Supermicro is able to achieve the highest performance from the Intel Xeon Scalable Processors and DDR4 memory with the patented Hyper-Speed hardware acceleration technology.
X11 Hyper-Speed also introduces Hyper-Turbo mode, allowing more power to be delivered to CPUs for intense workloads to maximize CPU Turbo mode frequency. With the Low-Latency optimized SKUs, the CPU frequency can be continuously maximised. Without Hyper-Turbo, most workloads will see a drop in frequency within seconds.
The Hyper-Speed Ultra platform combines record-breaking Hyper-Speed technology with the evolutionary Ultra-system architecture and offers unrivaled flexibility, scalability, manageability and ease of maintenance. In a compact 1U Form Factor, Hyper-Speed Ultra offers 4 add-on cards with GPU / FPGA support, while still achieving 205 W CPU support, and is targeted at applications with low latency and high frequency trading. In a 2U Form Factor the expansion is increased to 6 add-on cards with the possibility to support 4 GPU / Xeon Phi cards and is aimed at external workstations, EDA license servers and High Performance Computing with one node.
• Patented optimizations on the motherboard for accelerating CPU, memory, PCIe cards and other components in lockstep for maximum reliability.
• Latest VRMs for flexible alignment with the Hyper-Turbo energy transfer algorithm.
• Non-Shadowed CPUs, customized heatsinks and up to 8x fast fans ensure optimum cooling for maximum performance.
• Financial services. HPC is used to track real-time inventory trends and automate trading.
• HPC is used to design new products, to simulate test scenarios and to ensure that parts are kept in stock so that production lines are not stopped.
• Medical world. HPC is used to help develop cures for diseases such as diabetes and cancer and to enable a faster, more accurate diagnosis of the patient.